Picharn Sukparangsee is a founding partner of Bangkok Global Law. He is one of leading lawyers in Thailand in respect of Corporate & Commercial Law, M & A transactions, Securities, Banking and Finance and taxation law (specialising particularly in finance, securities and taxation law). He is also an experienced litigation law and handles very important cases involving legal disputes.
Before founding Bangkok Global Law, he worked from 1987 to 2005 and was previously a partner at International Legal Counsellors Thailand (ILCT) Ltd. (Russin & Vecchi LLP) and he was subsequently one of the founding partners of Siam City Law from 2005 to 2015. Picharn Sukparangsee is an active member of the Legal Tax Committee and the Tax Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand and the Legal and Tax Committee of the British Chamber of Commerce in Thailand.
He contributes to various international publications, including ‘Doing Business handbook’, published by The World Bank Group and Doing Business in Asia- Thailand published by Thomson Reuters. Presently, he is also a contributor to an international leading publication, ‘Doing Business Project 2018’ by the World Bank on the Procurement Life Cycle in Thailand.
Picharn Sukparangsee is a leading attorney and qualified attorney with decades of experience in the fields of corporate & commercial law, M&A, securities, taxation, and litigation & arbitration. He regularly advises, and represents a wide variety of multinational corporate and industrial clients from a vast array of industries, including manufacturing, petrochemicals, automobile, cement, energy companies and securities companies, as well as companies from the finance & banking, capital markets and commercial sectors.
Picharn Sukparangsee has provided legal advice in relation to the following:
- privatization of the Rayong Power Plant by the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand in 1994;
- privatization of the Khanom Power Plant by the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand in 1994;
- Benchmarking public procurement by the World Bank from 2015 to present;
- a government procurement for a project of Provincial Water Authority of Thailand from 2007 to 2013;
- a government procurement for railway link of State Railway Authority of Thailand between airports in 2016;
- financing for the railway link project between China, Laos and Thailand in 2016; and
- advice in legal aspects for review , negotiation and conclusion of procurement project from 2007 to present.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate & Commercial
- Banking and Finance
- General services
- Litigation & Arbitration
Languages: Thai, English
Born: 30 March 1961
- 1992: LLM, Taxation Laws, King’s College, University of London, England, UK
- 1990: LLM, Laws on Trade and Investment, University of Warwick, Coventry, England, UK
- 1986: Barrister-at-Law, Institute of Legal Education, Thai Bar Association
- 1983: LLB, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Thai Bar Association from 1986 to present
- Lawyers Council of Thailand from 1989 to present
- International Bar Association from 2009 to present
- International Fiscal Association from 1995 to present
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association from 2010 to present
- The American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand (AMCHAM) from 2008 to present
- The British Chamber of Commerce in Thailand (BCCT) from 2008 to present
- International Chamber of Commerce (Thailand) from 2008 to present
- Data Consult from 2008 to present
- Thai Chamber of Commerce (TCC)
- European Association for Business and Commerce (EABC)
Part–time Lecturer and Other Activities
Picharn Sukparangsee is a speaker on Thai laws and regulations at a lot of international , regional and domestic conferences. He is an active member of the Legal Committee, the Customs and Excise Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Thailand. He is also an active member of the Legal and Tax Committee of the British Chamber of Commerce of Thailand.
He was a visiting lecturer of Taxation Law at the Graduate School of Law, Assumption University and at the Master’s Degree Program in Engineering Management between Chulalongkorn University and Warwick University. He was also a former visiting lecturer at the Faculty of Commerce & Accountancy, Thammasat University; the Faculty of Law, Thammasat University; the Faculty of Law, Chulalongkorn University and the MBA Program at Kasetsart University and the Faculty of Law, Assumption University.
He was also a former Registrar of the Lawyers Association of Thailand and a former committee member of the Thammasat Law Alumni Association, Thammasat University.
He was a member of the Legal Committee of the Expressway and Rapid Transit Authority of Thailand (ETA) in 1994, and a member as well as the Assistant Secretary of the Bill Screening Committee of the Law Society of Thailand from 2004 to 2008.