Co-Founder of Paz Horowitz Abogados, Jorge has a Juris Doctor and more than 30 years of experience on M&A, corporate, tax, arbitration, public procurement, aviation, mining and oil law. He is well-known for his work in mining, energy, and international contracts, and he has a wide legal experience advising multinational clients on corporate matters and in the international sector.
He has led important M&A for multinational companies as well as successfully implemented corporate restructures for the most important Gala?pagos cruise operations and the largest car distributors in Ecuador.
Jorge led and managed a litigious process that became one of the first three cases to be solved by the National Court, under the new procedural system in Ecuador.
Also, he has been recognized over the years by Chambers and Partners, LACCA, Latin Lawyer, Legal 500, among others for the quality of his work.
About Paz Horowitz Attorneys:
Paz Horowitz Attorneys is a leading law firm in Ecuador offering legal advice in the various fields of Law. Established in 1991 by Jorge Paz Durini and Bruce Horowitz Rossen, the Firm provides competent solutions and skillful legal advice.
- First firm in Ecuador in receiving the distinction as a recommended firm in the Energy and Infrastructure Guide by the IFRL.
- First recommended firm in Ecuador by the Latin American Corporate Counsel (LACCA) in Compliance and Anticorruption
- First firm in Ecuador in subscribing to the ONU ?s Women ?s Empowerment Principles.
- The first firm in Ecuador invited by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) to participate in the Inventor Assistance Program.
- Nominated by the Inter-American Development Bank for the award “International Star for Leadership in Quality” that took place in Paris in 2017.
- Nominated in several years by the most prestigious international legal rankers (Chambers & Partners, The Legal 500, Latin Lawyer, Leaders League, IFLR, among others.)
- Corporate – Commercial and M&A ?s
- Compliance & Anti-Corruption
- Competition and International Trade Law
- Labour & Employment
- Dispute Resolutions and Litigation
- Real Estate
- Intellectual Property
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Consumers Protection Law