Philip Ziter advises on corporate and transactional matters, financing arrangements, company formation, tax advice, real estate, and contract review. Philip has been a legal advisor to a handful of startup companies. He is knowledgeable in the fintech, blockchain, and e-commerce industries in Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the US.
Philip has also worked with manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and many entities in cross-border transactions. He advises on inbound investments involving corporate finance, manufacturing, intellectual property, and mergers and acquisitions.
Selected Significant Matters
- Acted for Commerzbank AG on the sale of various types of investment products to banks incorporated in Vietnam, including country-specific private placement rules and selling restrictions.
- Acted for an international fintech company on market entry, setting up a local entity, including complying with Vietnamese regulatory requirements, advising on data protection and privacy compliance.
- Acted for a US-based technology startup to transfer and consolidate its intellectual property assets from Vietnam to the USA and to license it to Singapore.
- Conducted pre-IPO due diligence on the Vietnamese assets of Property Guru, a major regional online property portal, in preparation for its initial listing on a foreign stock exchange.
- Advised on the share subscription agreement for an investment of a subsidiary of Viet Thai International, one of Vietnam’s largest consumer marketing and multi-unit retail operators.
- Acted for Hoan My Medical Corporation, Vietnam’s largest private healthcare network, on its offering of preference shares to its existing shareholders.
- Acted for Classic Holidays, Australia’s largest privately-owned Resort and Club Management Company, in its acquisition of a Vietnamese foreign-invested tour operator.
Six Common Questions About Establishing a Fintech Company in Vietnam (e27.co)
Vietnam See the Possibilities of Blockchain (vneconomictimes.com)
Building Inward Remittances in Vietnam with Blockchain (Vietnam Investment Review)
Corporate and Commercial
Michigan State University College of Law (JD)
University of British Columbia (BA, Interdisciplinary Studies)
Member, American Chamber of Commerce
New York, NY
MAIN PRACTICE AREAS IN VIETNAM
Our practice spans a broad range of sectors and industries. We assist clients with company formation, tax advice, real estate transactions, and contract review. We serve clients seeking to import from or export products to Vietnam, review agreements, acquire shares of or make a loan to a Vietnamese company, understand Vietnamese commercial tax issues. We also help clients with work permit questions and entering into agreements with Vietnamese companies.
OTHER PRACTICE AREAS
Mergers & Acquisitions
Employment relations/Employee stock plans