Eray started his career as an assistant tax inspector at the Turkish Ministry of Finance in 1998. He performed many tax audits and inspections as a tax inspector for 8 years. Later on he appointed as a group director at the Istanbul Tax Office where he led the VAT group from 2006 to 2010. Eray continued his career switching to private sector and worked at Ernst&Young and HLB International respectively as a tax director. He dealt with corporate tax, VAT, special consumption taxes, VAT refunds, tax treaties, transfer pricing issues of Turkish companies and multinationals in different sectors. In 2014 he started working at PepsiCo Turkey and led the tax &treasury department of PepsiCo Turkey’s food&beverage operations. Between 2014 and 2017 Eray became the CFO of a Turkish group of companies doing business in retail, construction, tourism and entertainment sectors. In 2017 he started to run his tax&finance advisory business in Istanbul.
With a 20 year experience, Eray’s expertise covers tax planning, tax compliance, transfer pricing, tax audits, resolution of tax disputes, tax treaties, management of tax risks, VAT refunds, cash flow and financials advisory and audit.
- MS in Economics with a specialization on Economic Policy -University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2005-2006)
- Bachelors, Finance-Hacettepe University (1993-1997)
- Partner, EA YMM|Tax&Finance and Management Advisory (2017-present)
- CFO, Via Group of Companies (2014-2017)
- Assistant Financial Controller-Tax&Treasury, PepsiCo Turkey (2013-2014)
- Tax Director, HLB International Turkey (2012-2013)
- Indirect Tax Director, Ernst&Young Turkey (2010-2012)
- VAT Group Director, Istanbul Tax Office (2006-2010)
- Tax Inspector, Turkish Ministry of Finance (1998-2006)
Professional Affiliations and Certifications
- Member of Chamber of Sworn-in Certified Public Accountants of Istanbul
- Sworn-in Certified Public Accountant
- Auditor, Turkish Public Oversight Accounting and Auditing Standarts Authority