Philip Tsalikis is a qualified English barrister registered in Mauritius.
Mauritius is a low tax regime at 15%, but for certain activities and structures, this can be reduced to 3%. There is no CGT, tax on dividends or exchange controls. The country is safe, stable, idyllic and bilingual. The population is diverse and educated.
Typical services provided to clients include:
- Setting up a company, trust or foundation as a holding company or for part of a structure.
- Setting up a company or fund in Mauritius for investment elsewhere, notably In African countries which have both Double Tax Agreements and Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements with Mauritius. This allows potential investors to have protection and tax efficiency when investing.
- Relocation of clients, assisting with permits, investment and real estate in Mauritius.
- Outsourcing of business services.
- Working with investors to find the best opportunities in Mauritius and Africa.
- Concierge Services for foreigners visiting or moving to Mauritius.
Mauritius is situated a few hundred miles east of Madagascar, strategically positioned for Africa and Asia. Mauritius is still part of the Commonwealth and tops the charts in almost every Index for Africa for good governance and ease of doing business. Mauritius defies its size to be used as a major, global conduit for FDI to other jurisdictions, notably in Asia and Africa.
Mauritius is a complex, hybrid jurisdiction, where substantively the laws are French, but in addition English law has much influence in modern legislation including Company, banking and finance. The Judicial Committee of the Privy Council still sits as the highest court which reassures foreign investors.
If you would like to find out any more about the jurisdiction then do not hesitate to contact us.