Dr. Felipe Isa Castillo specializes in international business, corporate startups, cross-border commercial operations, free enterprise and real estate and tourism transactions.
Dr. Castillo has advised clients for over twenty years, negotiating business, financial and joint venture agreements, assisting in the purchase of the business and the transfer of real estate property.
Dr. Castillo is also a mediator and commercial arbitrator of the Center for Dispute Resolution of the Chamber of Commerce in the Dominican Republic, a Certified Legal Interpreter for the English Language, and holds a Master in International Legal Studies (LL.M) from Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, DC.
QUALIFICATIONS/ RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Assisting in the business set up and entrepreneurial processes in the Dominican Republic
- Assistance to international companies in drafting and reviewing of contracts and agreements.
- Provision of legal counsel and general legal, business and tax advice on a variety of corporate and contractual matters to international companies operating in the free zone sector.
- Representation for the acquisition of a chain of hotels in the Dominican Republic, including due diligence reporting in the following areas: i) Corporate; ii) Labor; iii) Contractual, iv) Financial; v) Insurance; vi) Real State; vii) Administrative/Environmental; viii) Intellectual Property; and iv) Litigation.
- Ongoing legal advisory to real estate and tourism activity enterprises regarding the ministry of tourism authorizations and licenses.
- Ongoing representation of global enterprise in the merger processes with an offshore subsidiary and the restructuring of DR operations.