Dmitrijs Petrovs is Managing Partner in the Latvian law office Petrovs & partneri. He has a broad commercial background, both in and outside the law. In 1997 Dmitrijs obtained master degree in Law from the University of Latvia.
Prior to establishing Petrovs & partneri Dmitrijs ran the legal department of KPMG in Riga. Dmitrijs is a lawyer admitted to the Latvian Bar. He has extended rights of audience and may act as an advocate at all levels of the courts.
Dmitrijs focuses on corporate, commercial, private and administrative law. He speaks Russian, Latvian and English.
Dmitrijs has been in the company formation and company compliance business in Latvia since 1991. He has vast experience in incorporating Latvian companies for non-residents and assisting with the provision of corporate services and compliance for the same.
Since 2001 Petrovs & partneri act for corporate business clients, both Latvian and international, in all areas of company and commercial law.
Petrovs & partneri areas of expertise include:
- Business formation and establishment for both Latvian and non-resident clients
- Set up a branch of your existing company in Latvia
- Legal services to startups including advice on structure, finance, investment, and shareholder matters
- Corporate governance
- Advising on the establishment of Latvian operations
- Dealing with relevant Government agencies and authorities
- Connections with recognized tax, real estate, and accountancy firms
- Liquidation of companies
- Debt recovery
- Advising creditors in liquidation scenarios
- Re-organizations and amalgamations
Petrovs & partneri is authorised and regulated by the Latvian Bar Association.