Vladimir Penkov is currently ranked as an eminent practitioner in many renowned legal editions like Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, IFLR 1000, etc. Mr. Penkov is among the most prominent and highly respected professionals in the Bulgarian legal market and has advised or led PM&P’s legal team, assisting many of the significant transactions on the Bulgarian market for more than 30 years.
In 2017, Mr. Penkov was admitted to the list of registered European lawyers at the Vienna Bar Association.
He was recognized as an eminent expert in various areas of commercial law, such as Banking and Finance, Corporate Law and Commercial Contracts, Competition, Privatization, and Foreign Investments, Investment Management, Mergers and Acquisitions, Project Finance, Public Procurement, Licensing, and Know-How Agreements, Tax Law, Telecommunications, Media & IT, Energy Law and Renewable Energy Sources.
A longtime arbiter at the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Vice President (1999 – 2006), Mr. Penkov has been selected as Lawyer of the Year and nominated by many international publications as a leading lawyer.
He featured in many issues of Who is Who of the world, including Leaders for the New Century:
- Barons Who’s who (USA) – The century award, 1999
- Barons Who’s who (USA) – Who’s who of the world 1999 – 2000, Global edition
- Barons Who’s who (USA), Member of the Barons 500, Leaders for the New Century, 2000
- International Who’s who of Professionals, Who’s who Historical Society for the year 2005
- International Who’s who Historical Society – Member of the year 2005-2006 edition of International Who’s who of Professionals
- International Who’s who of Professionals, Who’s who Historical Society for the year 2008
- Madison Who’s who – Member of the year 2008 – 2009 edition of the Madison Who’s who Registry of Executives and Professionals
- International Who’s who Historical Society – Member of the year 2008 – 2009 edition of International Who’s who of Professionals
Given his expertise and background, Mr. Vladimir Penkov regularly publishes in specialized journals and newspapers such as: Wirtschaftsblatt, PMP Legal news – the traditional Penkov, Markov & Partners newspaper, Ost-West Contact Magazine, Utilities Magazine, etc.